I’d say it’s no secret since I have mentioned it time and again, that one of the things I have enjoyed during this sweet season with Annabelle has been rocking her to sleep while I sing over her each night. Even on the nights where she isn’t having tummy trouble, or after her tummy trouble’s have subsided, I love just holding her and watching her sleep peacefully in my arms, knowing that she is that comforted by me, while the lullabies play in the back ground. So I thought I would share some of my favorite songs and my favorite lines from each of them for any other momma’s who also enjoy rocking their babies to sleep while singing/playing lullabies to them, just in case anyone was in looking for a few new songs to add to those night time playlists. 🙂
Annabelle’s Lullaby List:
- Little Light – Matt Hammit & Audrey Assid
Favorite Lyric: It’s honestly hard for me to pick just one lyric from this song because I literally LOVE every single verse, word and ryhme that make up this beautiful lullaby! Plus, if Annabelle and I were to have a song, this would be it. I sang it to her in the car rides to and from work when I was pregnant with her and it was just the two of us in the car, it was one of the only songs that would calm her down during her first couple weeks of life and I still love singing it to her now. ❤
1. “And Jesus bends to hear you breathe. And His tender hands are holding you tonight. And His heart is ravished when you look at Him and o the endless mercy in His eyes.” – This is exactly what I imagine Jesus doing with Annabelle each night.
2. ” Your eyes are brilliant deep sky blue. Their quite wisdom is an evening song. And the angels must be breathless at your beauty as the world catches it’s breath before the dawn.” – Annabelle has deep blue eyes so this lyric makes me think of her.
3. “God is near little girl. God is near little girl.” – I literally like this verse just because we have a precious little girl. ❤
- Daydream – JJ Heller
Favorite Lyric: “Breathe in slowly, salty ocean air. Eyelids heavy. Not a single care. Come explore, golden shores. Darling day dream with me.”
- Lullaby – Dixie Chicks
Favorite Lyric: “How long do you want to be loved? Is Forever enough because I’m never, never giving you up.”
This is exactly how I feel about Annabelle. Doesn’t matter what happens in this lifetime I will never, never stop loving her.. I will never, never give her up. ❤
- I Get to be the One – JJ Heller
Favorite Lyric: ” How does someone so small hold my heart so tightly? I don’t even know you. I love you completely.”
A good friend shared this song with me and when I went to add it to my playlist a second version came up and I loved it as well so I added them both.
- Love Never Fails – Brandon Heath
Favorite Lyric: “Love is right here. Love is alive. Love is the way, the truth, the life. Love is a river that flows through. Love is the arms that are holding you. And love is a place you will fly to. Love never fails you.”
I love how this song is basically 1 Corinthians 13: 4-13 and by singing it to Annabelle I am getting to share the gospel with her and tell as well as be a living example of Jesus’ love to her.
- Until You Came Along – JJ Heller
Favorite Lyric: “Falling in love with you was easy. You were always meant to have my heart.”
- Lullaby – JJ Heller
Favorite Lyric: This song has two favorites. I tried to choose and I just couldn’t pick between them.
1. “The love of God is evident in the miracle of you.” Again, exactly what I know to be true about Annabelle.
2. “May you dream of lovely things and awake to find them real.” And again, exactly what I pray for Annabelle’s dreams each night.
- Boat Song – JJ Heller
Favorite Lyric: “If you were a bird then I’d be a tree and you would come home my darling to me. If you were asleep then I’d be a dream. Where ever you are that’s where my heart will be. ”
This song reminds me of our wedding day because it’s played in the background of our wedding days highlight video and therefore I love to sing it to Annabelle because it brings back really sweet memories from the day Matt and I got married 4 and a half years ago. ❤
- Tonight – JJ Heller
Favorite Lyric: Again, two favorites, because I couldn’t just pick one.
1. “Love you are lovely, you have put the stars to shame. I have lost my senses and your the one to blame.”
2.”You are mine beloved and I am yours to keep. Take my heart forever, you have captured me. God is singing over us. We hear it in the wind. Tonight our life begins.”
- If You Fall – JJ Heller
Favorite Lyric: ” When I am tempted to give up, I choose love. If you fall, I fall with you. If you hurt I feel it too. Even if my heart turns black and blue, I will love you.”
- Keep You Safe – JJ Heller
Favorite Lyric: “My love is a light driving away all of your fear. So don’t be afraid. Remember I made a promise to keep you safe.”
Also, two versions of the same beautiful song, but they are both beautiful in their own unique way.
- When I’m With You – JJ Heller
Favorite Lyric: ” Beautiful baby you’re sweeter than Strawberry Pie. Just like the morning your smile brings the sunshine. I could never count all the ways that you changed me, baby. Every day the sky is a deeper shade of blue when I’m with you.”
- Sunshine – JJ Heller
Favorite Lyric: “Green are the meadows you see in your dreams. Blue are the stars in the sky, dark and deep. Purple the evening that’s tucking you in for the night. You are the sunshine on rainy days, and if I have sunshine a rainbow is coming my way.”
I love the way this songs lyrics paints such a pretty word picture.
So I’m sure you noticed we’re pretty big fans of JJ Heller in our home as of lately. Anyways, I hope you enjoy these sweet songs and that they make your night time routine with your little ones that much more memorable. 🙂
Much love & prayer,